April 29, 2011
The Destruction of Economic Facts – BusinessWeek
This is huge and well worth reading… titled “The Destruction of Economic Fact”, this article is about how financial rules have been changed to circumnavigate the truth in order to gain short term profit. The end result is not just uncertainty, but an erosion of stability that previously attracted so much worldwide investment into the US economy.
…businesses are left to figure out reality on the basis of connections, influence, and private information. Just like we do in developing and former communist countries.
April 21, 2011
Obama’s got a birth certificate problem… connect the dots:
- Since before his election the question was asked whether he is a natural US citizen – a qualification for any US president. His campaign successfully reduced this question to being a ridiculous exercise reserved for the wacko fringe element.
- Even after his election, mainstream (supposedly not wacko) people continued with the questioning. See Mike Huckabee, who attempts to pull himself out of the wacko fringe element by saying he “misspoke”.
- Neil Abercrombie, current DEMOCRAT governor of Hawaii, decides to take on the wacko fringe element and summon the vast powers of his island domain to prove Obama was indeed born in Hawaii.
- Neil Abercombie, current DEMOCRAT governor of Hawaii, comes to the conclusion that his vast powers are not enough to prove Obama was indeed born in Hawaii… it’s a privacy thing so don’t even ask about it.
- Donald Trump jumps into the fray, willing to be cast among the wacko fringe elements, and claims Obama has no birth certificate.
Look, it’s pretty simple. Either there’s a real problem and the president has run out of political tricks to hide it, or there isn’t a problem and conclusive evidence will prove all of his critics are frothing idiots.
In any case momentum is growing around this issue and simply calling others lunatics because they ask a question isn’t going to suffice much longer.
UPDATE: Then there’s this regarding Jerome Corsi’s book, Where’s the Birth Certificate?: The Case that Barack Obama is not Eligible to be President on Amazon.com. In hardcover no less…
April 17, 2011
Instapundit » Blog Archive » READER MARTIN MURCEK ON THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION’S INTERNET ID POLICY: “So, I need to give my ‘real…
Oh this is too good…
Reader Kevin Greene snarks: “I’d be more than happy to present the government a copy of my original long-form birth certificate in order to use the internet. And I’ll do that the day Barack Obama shows me his.”
April 3, 2011
Instapundit » Blog Archive » A DEFENSE OF “ANTI-INTELLECTUALISM:” Part of the problem is that the American distrust of intelle…
This just spells it out so clearly… we’re in the midst of dealing with an “intellectualism” that really is bending the truth to fit political goals (global warming, diversity, environmentalism, etc.) while claiming to be so much smarter than those who would disagree.
I’m all for the truth. Even when it hurts, most people respond enormously when they face the truth. And it doesn’t take an Ivy League degree to recognize the difference between right and wrong.
All it takes is a willingness to admit you might be wrong.