(3:1) My child, never forget the things I have taught you. Store my commands in your heart.
Memorize the commands of the Lord. What are those commands?
(15:12-13) This is my commandment: Love each other in the same way I have loved you. There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.
Q. What does it mean to love each other?
Q. What does Jesus mean when he says “…in the same way I have loved you”?
(22:36) “Teacher, which is the most important commandment in the law of Moses?”
(22:37) Jesus replied, ” ‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’ (22:38) This is the first and greatest commandment.
(22:39) A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
(22:40) The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments.”
(1 Cor 13:4-7)
– Love is patient and kind.
– Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude.
– It does not demand its own way.
– It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. – It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out.
– Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.